Âíèç

ÍÀÂ×ÀËÜÍÈÉ ÔÎÐÓÌ Ç ²ÍÎÇÅÌÍÈÕ ÌÎÂ

Èíôîðìàöèÿ î ïîëüçîâàòåëå

Ïðèâåò, Ãîñòü! Âîéäèòå èëè çàðåãèñòðèðóéòåñü.

Conversation pieces Interview

Ñîîáùåíèé 1 ñòðàíèöà 2 èç 2

Hello, Employment Agency. Yes, just a moment. Let me patch you throught.

Hi.

Hi, I’m here to see Mr. Leavenworth. I have a two o’clock appointment:  Jannet McKenzie.

Okay, just a moment. Let me call him and tell him that you’re here.  Mr.  Leavenworth, your two o’clock appointment is here. Okay, I’ll send her throught.

He’ll see you right now.

Okay.

He’s just down the hall – to the left.

Okay, thank you very much.

Good luck.

Thank you.

You have a solid resume here, Jannet. I’m sure our agency will be able to find you a job. Tell me a little bit about your background.

Sure. Uh, where should I start?

Well, how about your current job? Why do you want to leave it?

Okay. For the past year, I’ve been working part-time for a local manufacturing firm.

What do you do there?

I handle payroll in the Accounting Department. I like it there, but as I said, it’s only part-time.

Are you looking for more hours?

Yes, This is the problem: I need to make more money. Right now, the business I work is slow, so they can’t increase the hours or the pay.

Are you able to work a 40-hour week?

Oh, definitely. And I would like to qualify for health benefits, also.

Good, that will probably be included in a full-time position. What salary range are you looking at?

I want to carn at least $10,000 more per  year than I am right now.

Ah, compensation is a big consideration of any job.

As you can see from my application, I’m on the low end of the pay scale for my position. But it’s not all about money – I want to find an interesting and challenging spot.

All right. Do you want to stay in the financial and of business?

Well, I would. However, I’ve taken several computer classes. In fact, I helped my son build a website for his band. You know, I could get more training.

That’s a growing field. We place a lot of people in technology. The other day……………………… you know………………….uh………………………………………..we got a request for a temporary worker to build a consumer database.

Temporary? How long would it last?

Well, this position is only for two months, but there is a possibility of getting hired permanently after that.

This happens all the time with our placements.

The only thing is… I’d hate to leave my job that I have now then find myself out of work in a couple of months.

Don’t worry about that. We could find you another company right away. You’re in good hands with us!

Well, that’s why I came to your employment agency. My friend Jesse found work through you last year.

Jesse Marino?

Yes!

I remember him well.  Nice guy. We placed him over  at Regis Paper. And from what I hear, He’s doing really well.

He is! They promoted him, and now he’s Assistant Sales Manager.

Oh, glad to hear that!
I’d love to get- -

Oh, don’t worry, you will. With your background in bookkeeping, computer skills and great references, there shouldn’t be any difficulty in getting you employment that suits you.

I hope so. 

Uh, another position I have open is for an Accounts Receivable Clerk, working closely with the Credit Manager. The pay is pretty good. Here take a look.

Hmmm… interesting. But it’s in Chelsea. That’ll
Be a long commute.

No, no. The job is right here in Burlington. Their main office is right here in town.

Oh, I see.  Right.

If you’re interested, I could call Human Resources and submit your application this afternoon.

I am. Wait – when does it begin? I’d like to give my job a two-week notice.

Oh, I’m sure that’d be fine. Let me call, if that’s okay.

Okay, thank you.

Uh, hang on one second please.

Sure.

+1

³äåîôàéë:

ÇÀÂÀÍÒÀÆÈÒÈ Â²ÄÅÎ

Îòðåäàêòèðîâàíî Àíäð³é Øïà÷èíñüêèé (17-02-2017 17:12:39)